Monday, July 25, 2011

Contentment

I am learning to be content more and more in my life. Especially with my Christian walk. I have been struggling with complaining about certain things, that in the full spectrum, are just petty. Things that I thought were preventing me from giving God all the praise he deserved and I Know I could deliver. We shouldn't complain about the unimportant things that happen in our church. Like the way we dress or the music we sing. The most important thing is "Is God being lifted higher than all of that?" Through all of my own griping about things in my church, I realized that I was completely overlooking what God was trying to tell me. It has been made clear to me now. If we are going to only complain about something and have no intent on fixing or bettering the situation then it isn't pro-active in the least bit. We need to be willing to fix these problems or at least try to fix these problems.


Now by contentment I don't be to have built up a tolerance for your current situation. Be actively and prayerfully involved in whatever it is that you have a problem with. Even if you can't physically be apart of the solution, consistently be praying for it. Never underestimate the powers of your prayers. I hope this hasn't come off as a rant. But coming off the last few months of complaints in my heart about certain thing, I have come to realized God's grace and His glory, And these are what we need to make the church body about. So use whatever gifts God might have bestowed on you to bring Him the honor and glory he truly deserve, no matter what that gift might be. I will leave you with this song. Lead Me to the Cross by Hillsong United



No comments:

Post a Comment