Sunday, March 11, 2012

I wanna live real life

This has definitely been a year of change for those around me and myself. I feel as though everyone I know is having some life-changing event. I have friends who are finding out how fun it is to have a newborn baby girl, friends who have ended girlfriend relationships, and just seeing lives change. In the past ten years, I have had a great deal of change in my own life, but this season is going to be a rough one.
Recently in my life, my job situation has changed in a manner I not happy about. Due to cutbacks and schedule changes, I have lost my position, taken a pay cut, and been force into joining a union that I never agreed with in the first place. I feel that these happenings were somewhat unjust and seem quite shady, but that is another story. Through this situation, my pride has been very active. I keep having a sense of "I don't deserve this." 
The more I take a second to step back and talk to God about this, the more I realize how foolish I am being. I am not close to being happy with these decisions, but I know God is a just God and He will use this for His glory. I found great encouragement today in reading a verse that I have read numerous times before, Romans 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good..."
I have heard that verse a million times in my life. But today I just needed to read it again. Further down in verse 31, "What then shall we say to these thing? If God is for us, who can stand against us?"
I have heard and sung a song with that line so many times, but right now, it was what I needed.
I lead worship for a Jr. high/ high school Sunday school class. Through out the week, I knew what songs I was going to play this Sunday. It wasn't till Saturday night, I really sat down and prayed about what I was Going play. I was only doing two songs but the second song wasn't really working for me. I was distracted when I practiced it. So instead I decided to play the song, Grace Like Rain. The verses are the verses of Amazing Grace, with the chorus, "Hallelujah grace like rain, falling down on me. Hallelujah grace like rain, all my stains are washed away, washed away." 
Personally, I really needed to hear and sing these words because I feel I had so much weight on my heart. When the class started I prefaced my music with saying that I chose these songs because I needed to hear them and I hope some of them need to hear them as well. When I started singing Grace Like Rain, I almost began to tear up. Just singing those words broke me and made me just cry. I needed to God to tell me that His grace is amazing and He will take care of me like He always has. I felt the weight on my heart just be lifted up to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment