Saturday, December 17, 2011

Steve the aspiring Psalmist

So i am taking a class that is taking through all of the Psalms. I am really stoked about it and i am having a great time digging into the prayers of our biblical role models. The psalms are really just prayers of people who are broken just like you and me. There are a few authors of the psalms and David is one of my favorite so far. This guy had it all, he was in God's good grace and he was serving God with his fullest. But he blew it. He became overcome by sin and had an affair and committed murder. in the psalms, we see him for who he really is and that is a broken hearted sinner. Accepting just judgement but pleading with God to forgive him of his sin. I am trying to read a psalm everyday and just think and pray about it. I will try and keep my blog update with each Psalm. So here we go.

Word,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment